Applying a filter from a combo box

Reaction score
Hi there, I'm quite new to working with Access, queries and macros and such, so I hope you'll bear with me. What I want is the following. I have a form called "overzicht evenementen" which is actually filled with various fields from 2 tables "persoonsgegevens" and "deelnemers".

Now I want to make an option for other users that helps them filter out a certain field called "evenement". This field contains several values and more will be added as time progresses. So my idea was (please don't laugh) to add a combo box to the header of the form. I must add though that the values in the combo box come from a different table called "evenement gegevens". When a user selects one of the values, I want the rest of the form to be filtered to show all records of the selected value.

Can this be done? If so, how to go about it?

I hope I've made myself clear on what the situation is. Would appreciate any help/advice at this point, because I've been struggling with this for most of the day.

Cheers, Sarah

Last edited:

Ask a Question