Application Updater Component

G

Hi,

I've got a problem with the DotNet Application Updater Component - (http://widowsforms.net/articles/appupdater.aspx). When I include an app config file in my app to be updated the upload from the web server fails.

The application recognises there is new version and an "UpdateVersion.xml" file is created with the correct 'AvailableVersion' and 'ApplicationUrl' settings in the current app folder but rather than a new app folder being created, say 1.0.0.5, a folder called "AppUpdate" is created which contains the application exe and the AppUpdater.dll (this is only a simple app to test the functionality so these are the only assemblies). The "AppUpdate.log" file does not contain anything. I've tried adding a MIME type in IIS of .config but it still fails.

When I exclude the app config file from the web server folder the upload works correctly and the new application folder is created, the app reloads and the "AppLoad.log" file is updated correctly.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Regards

Mike

G

IIS will not serve files with the extension .config unless you enable Anonymous access in the security settings. That's probably causing your issue.

Ask a Question