Application .exe AND/OR Static DLL disappears

G

Here is the issue

a. We have an exe that is referring to our custom STATIC DLL that is present in the SYSTEM 32 folder.
b. Whenever there is SHUT DOWN (ungracefully due to POWER DOWN) and especially when TCP LISTENER WAS WORKING in the windows application (SERVER) following things happen: -
1. Either the static DLL that the application is referring to disappears from SYSTEM32 folder . AND/OR
2. ALONG WITH THE static DLL , the main application .exe Disappears ... (i.e Start->Programs->app->app_server can not find my app_server.exe since that executable file has disappeared PHYSICALLY from the program files ->app folder location ??!!

Is there any sane explaination to this?

c. Moreover it does not happen everytime... but occasionally during the POWER SHUT DOWN and ugraceful shut down of the system.

d. I am not 100% sure but VERY RARELY even without ungraceful shutdown/ but by shutdown process closing the application also has given this result.. Problem is... it occurs occasionally.

I am searching but any immediete pointers if any would be helpful.

Thanks,

Harsh

G

Perhaps should have added that... the windows application has been developed using VS.net 2003 (C#) and installer with combination of installshield 9 and .net set up project.

Thanks,

Harsh

Ask a Question