Application Exception

scorpion53061

This app I am working on generated an exception but I have only found it
on his laptop. Other machines do not seem to have this issue.

The exception is normally according to what I have seen on the net an
ASP.NET exception. So why it is happening in Windows is a mystery to me.

The exception is:

Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.

Process id=0x8c0 (2240), Thread id=0x4d8 (1240)

Click OK to terminate

Click CANCEL to debug

When clicking the CANCEL the user reported that "a registered JIT
debugger" is not available.

This is occurring in the beginning of the program. Some of the functions
being performed are requests from Access and SQL databases, and registry
checks for MS Office installed applications.

Thank you for your help.

Andy Becker

scorpion53061 said:
This app I am working on generated an exception but I have only found it
on his laptop. Other machines do not seem to have this issue.

The exception is normally according to what I have seen on the net an
ASP.NET exception. So why it is happening in Windows is a mystery to me.

The exception is:

Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.

Process id=0x8c0 (2240), Thread id=0x4d8 (1240)

I just bumped into this today on XPE. In my case, it was some missing
registry settings for performance monitor.

However! The key to solving the problem was that I had zero error handing
in the code at that point. It was occuring before I installed the global
error handler.

So I would say your best best is to put a try/catch around the code in
question, and MsgBox(ex.Message). Then you can see what's really going on,
and get right to the bottom of it.

Best Regards,

Andy

scorpion53061

I have error handling around everything in my code. It don't leave home
without it!!

That is why this is perplexing to me.