Append Query, right or wrong way

Reaction score
Using 2003, I am trying to get data to populate and am having trouble. I have imported an excel spreadsheet (into its own table) and I have an existing table that contains the same columns (for the most part) but with no data yet.

I have a table that is the primary record for a list of store numbers. I am using the unique ID in that table to link all my tables. I need for Access to find all store numbers (in the excel spreadsheet table) and add all that information into my other table, but the tricky part is that the store numbers do not "live" in that table. I have done an append query using an INSERT INTO statement. This works, as my table now has this information but it is not showing up under that store number.

How do I get it to find the store number and then popluate all the data?

Below is the INSERT INTO statement (if needed):

INSERT INTO tblFLALOGData ( strStoreNumber, dtmReceived, strBilledAmount, strAssignedTo, strPaidAmount, dtmResolved, memNotes, strLinkToDocumentInELL )
SELECT tblAuditERMLog.strStoreNumber, tblAuditERMLog.dtmReceived, tblAuditERMLog.strBilledAmount, tblAuditERMLog.strAssignedTo, tblAuditERMLog.strPaidAmount, tblAuditERMLog.dtmResolved, tblAuditERMLog.memNotes, tblAuditERMLog.strLinkToDocumentInELL
FROM tblAuditERMLog;

Ask a Question