AOL email

R

rspoon26

I'm interested in knowing if my aol email can somehow be
sync'd with Outlook? I've grown accustomed to using
Outlook for everything I do, but not having access to an
office server for Outlook is throwing me for a loop. AOL
is the only email address I have. Can anyone help?

G

I've been using the IMAP interface with Outlook for my AOL email for a little while and most of the time it seems to be working OK. I have been having a problem with Outlook crashing (at times rather frequently!) with a reference in the Event viewer in XP to a module called shlwapi.dll. Here's a piece of that event.

Description
Faulting application outlook.exe, version 10.0.6626.0, faulting module shlwapi.dll, version 6.0.2800.1400, fault address 0x00026ca6

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp

I tried to click on the link and it gives me "No info available

Running Outlook XP with Service Pack 3 and Windows XP Home with Service Pack 1. I've searched the Knowledge Base with no luck and have also tried to post to the newsgroups at support.microsoft.com with no success. I've also tried to open an issue through the Help and Support feature of XP and it tells me I've hit the max number of issues that I could have open for my particular Product ID.

Any help you could give on this problem would be appreciated.

Ask a Question