Any free dvd converter to iPod video?

L

Lisa

I got for Christmas the new 5G video iPod. I have some music concerts on DVD
that I would like to copy to my iPod.
Is there any freeware/shareware that will do the job?
Thanks
Lisa
I am running windows XP, service pack 2 with all the updates.

M

Margrave of Brandenburg

Wrong newsgroup. That stuff is not freeware.

Super DVD to iPod Converter $29.95
PQ DVD to iPod Video Converter $34.95
Cucusoft DVD to iPod Converter $29.95
ImTOO DVD to iPod Converter $29.00
Xilisoft DVD to iPod Converter $29.00

Reaction score
The best DVD to iPod converter I've ever used!

Many converters suck, such as Cucusoft software. They just can't work as advertised. I was a stupid guy that I bought two converters, and the first is Cucusoft DVD to iPod converter.It doesn't work for me and I cannot get the refund. I finally bought Avex DVD to iPod Suite. And it works great!

Reaction score
A Superb DVD to iPod converter tool

Thanks for sharing. But the best converter I've ever used is PQ DVD to iPod Video Converter suite. Very easy to use, at least to me.It's a ALL-IN-ONE solution for DVD to iPod conversion. Here I'm going to share the guide with you, you will start loving it.

A simple guide of DVD to iPod conversion (you'd better click the complete guide with video and screenshots)

Step 1: Run the PQ DVD to iPod Video Converter Suite.
Part 1. Directly click gOpenh button on right-hand side, and load the DVD or any video file you want to convert, and begin the play process.
Part 2. gSet Output File/Locationh within this gOpenh menu.
Part 3: Setting the start point and stop point of the loaded DVD or video file with the range bar for conversion, or click gSet start and stop times for recordingh in gOptionsh menu.
Tips: In the interface, you can choose set the cropping and resolution of the output video, stretch or choose to auto-stretch the widescreen with aspect ratio control to your needs, and regulate the audio and video quality of output video as you like. You can also set the Video and Audio quality, and limit the estimated file size.

Step 2: Complete the output settings.
Tips: Here comes the key step, because these options are of crucial importance for whether or not your encoded video will work on the iPod. So itfs to be discussed in great detail.

Part 1: Click gMore Optionsh to finish the gOutput Settingh.
Part 2: You can also click the gOptionsh at the top to customize the gOutput Settingsh or gDVD Settingsh, Here, you can also record your DVD/video file later.

Step3FConvert the input DVD or video.
Part 1. Click gRecord ith to start the conversion.
Part 2. Pause or stop the recording whenever you like by clicking gPause/Stoph.
Part 3. In the gOpenh field, you can also choose to gBatch Convert Video Filesh for batch conversion.
Part4: Pause or stop any recording whenever you like by clicking gPause/Stoph.

Step4FWhen the conversion finishes, add the converted video file by clicking gAdd File to Libraryh in iTunesf File menu, and select this output video file to iPodfs playlist.

Tips: When it finishes, add the converted file to your iTunes library by simply dragging it onto the iTunes icon in your Dock. Be aware that a video file that is accepted by iTunes is not always compatible with the iPod; this wonft become apparent until you synchronize the iPod.

Then, you can enjoy the video on your iPod now. Simple and easy-to-use, isnft it?

For more about PQ DVD to iPod converter, click PQ DVD to iPod converter.

Reaction score
Best for Mac: Convert Video(HD/MKV/WMV/AVI/3GP/MOV/FLV/MPG/MP4...)

Ever thought of converting video files: FLV Video(downloaded from the Internet), HD Video(taken by our digital cameras), or other regular video to your iPod, iPhone, Apple TV, PSP, Creative Zen and a lot more mobile players on your Mac machine? The Mac Video Converter provides you with the perfect solution. It can convert video to all kinds of formats for all popular players.
After the program is installed, you follow the steps below to convert video to all mobile players:

Step 1: Add Video files
Click the Add button, and the program will let you browse your computer hard drive.
Select the video files you want to convert and click OK.
mac-video-converter-interface-a.jpg

Step 2: Output Settings
Select an output format from the Format drop-down list. Just select an format according to the player which you want to put your videos on.
mac-video-converter-transfer-a.jpg

Step 3: Convert Video
Click the Start button to start the conversion.

Addtional Tips:
Tip 1: If you want to convert all the added files into one format with the same encoding parameters, you can just click the "Apply to All" button.
Tip 2: You can check the "Merger into one file" option to convert all the added video files into a single file.
Tip 3: Click the Settings button to set encoding settings including video resolution, frame rate, bit rate and video encoder, audio encoding settings including sample rate, channel, bit rate and audio encoder.
Tip 4: Click the Browse button to specify an output folder to save the converted files.
Tip 5: If you want to edit your video with this Mac Video Converter, you can switch to its official user guide.

Ask a Question