Excel Any excel Wizards? Please help, can't find answer in any threads

Reaction score
I have a very large amount of data. At first I tried to figure out if I could write an equation that would sum all the data from a v-lookup that corresponded to a named range (example of named range below).

"Missy"
Missy PUMissy WoolMissy Short WoolMissy UrbanMissy Urban Poly

I need a report that recaps all Missy selling , so I named the above data range. Tried to do several variations of =vlookup("Missy",'Data dump"!,A2:T790,7,false), but I would also have to sum all the values found in that data 7 columns over (SLS $). I gave up and after researching tried to learn the Match and Index function using below

=SUM(INDEX(Sheet7!B8:H21,(MATCH(Sheet7!$F$9:$F$21,Missy,0)),6))

No luck, please help. This is my new boss's work and me working on a spreadsheet my old boss created that has to be revamped do to organizational changes. New boss can't do v-lookups and has tasked me with the responsibility of his work for areas much greater than my own.

Reaction score
When you say SUM, are you really looking for a count? From the sample data you've provided, there is nothing, really, to SUM in Excel. If you are looking to, say, count how many cells have the word "Missy" in them at all, let me know if that is what you are looking for and I will do my best to provide you with a workable formula!

Reaction score
If you know the criterion that you're searching for (i.e. the word "Missy" somewhere in the column or column heading) and you know what column to find your values in, I would highly recommend using either COUNTIFS() or SUMIFS(), depending on what you want.

Could you provide a small clip of the data or something close to it, so we can visualize what you're looking for?

Ask a Question