ANN: DBForms from MS Access to ASP.NET + MS SQL v 1.0 released.

graformix.com - professional design studio

We are glad to announce the releases of our new product DBForms from
MS Access to ASP.NET+MS SQL v.1.0.0.

This tool allows you to convert mdb (Microsoft Access forms) to .aspx
web pages + MS SQL back-end with AJAX support. Convert forms and their
elements (Label, Image, OptionGroup, TextBox, ListBox, ComboBox,
CommandBox and others) to Web page including element position, color
pallet and fields type.
Advanced customization options:
- Rename caption forms
- partial selection for database objects that will be converted.
- detection of possible conversion errors at customization stage.
Sessions support means that all your settings can be saved and
restored then.

Find more information at http://dbconvert.com/convert-dbforms-access-to-aspnet.php
Download the trial version from http://www.dbconvert.com/downloads/dbforms_asp_mssql.zip

BruceM

Since there is a trial version, I assume the idea is to sell the product
after the trial period. If I am correct, note that this is a public
newgroup, not a free advertising forum.

message

Arvin Meyer [MVP]

graformix.com - professional design studio said:

BruceM said:
Since there is a trial version, I assume the idea is to sell the product
after the trial period. If I am correct, note that this is a public
newgroup, not a free advertising forum.

I also noticed that there doesn't appear to be any support for tab controls
or subforms. There also isn't any support for complex forms with code or
non-built-in sql statements, making it almost useless for converting any
reasonably complex form.

My experience is that asp requires an entirely different mindset because of
its stateless connectivity rather than using bound forms. As a result I find
it much easier to work in a product designed for asp or asp.net than waste
time trying to convert anything.

Dirk Goldgar

BruceM said:
Since there is a trial version, I assume the idea is to sell the product
after the trial period. If I am correct, note that this is a public
newgroup, not a free advertising forum.

Still, I'd consider this on topic and, for me, acceptable, if the post isn't
repeated frequently.

natikenator82

I also noticed that there doesn't appear to be any support for tab controls
or subforms. There also isn't any support for complex forms with code or
non-built-in sql statements, making it almost useless for converting any
reasonably complex form.

My experience is that asp requires an entirely different mindset because of
its stateless connectivity rather than using bound forms. As a result I find
it much easier to work in a product designed for asp or asp.net than waste
time trying to convert anything.

Thank you, guys, for your opinions. Notice, we just released DBForms v.
1.0.0 for ASP.NET platform. It means that this unique product has
great potential and wide range of perspectives for web developers who
have to deal with Access databases. Of cause we don't speak about
ASP.NET gurus who can create all kinds of web pages with special
tools. We just inform that if you work with single-user Access db and
have a task to move it to web you may choose between PHP+MySQL, PHP
+PostgreSQL and ASP.NET+MS SQL. Right, now just simple forms and
SUBFORMS are supported by ASP.NET+MS SQL but we don't stop, we move
further. See you on-line!

Arvin Meyer [MVP]

We just inform that if you work with single-user Access db and
have a task to move it to web you may choose between PHP+MySQL, PHP
+PostgreSQL and ASP.NET+MS SQL. Right, now just simple forms and
SUBFORMS are supported by ASP.NET+MS SQL but we don't stop, we move
further. See you on-line!

In my 15 years of Access experience, I can say with certainty that I have
NEVER seen a necessity to move a single user Access db to the web. A single
user Access app can be self contained on whatever workstation or laptop, and
any sensitive data should be encrypted.

I have seen requirements which make the rewriting of an Access front-end as
an ASP app for multiple (greater than 20) WAN users. In every one of those
cases it made sense to rewrite the app.