and so it begins (my turn!)

Reaction score
Ordered a 19" TV/Monitor for someone else to give to their mum as an Xmas pressie... From ARIA.

Had lots of no-hassle purchases from them in the past.
The delivery was impressive and FREE for this monitor.

Trouble is - after opening it up to inspect it, it looks like I've been sent a previous 'return' :(
There are scratches and scrapes on the plastic front surround and what looks like mucky handprints on the screen itself!

I emailed Aria this afternoon @1pm - no reply.
Just filled out their online RMA request..

But I have a horrible feeling I'm about to start a nasty journey in getting this item replaced....oh they have 4 left in stock! :(

Any suggestions/comments/past encounters with Aria, please guys n gals?

Thanks in advance
Kev

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
They've been ok with me in the past, but if you have a returned monitor I'm sure it's illegal to advertise as "new". Give them a call and let them know you aren't happy about it:

0870 443 2389

Although a quick search on "saynoto0870" lists a geographic number which may be cheaper : 0161 2481616

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
They have been ok with me in the past but I haven't had to return anything yet .

nod.gif

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Ring them up and hassle them . The delay is unacceptable . Ask to speak to someone with authority if you think that you have been sent secondhand goods . Contact the local Trading Standards office and they will take details and give you a reference number that will be used if you need to take further action . Mention to the person you speak to at Aria what steps you have taken .
See my thread on the Distance Selling Act .

https://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-3331117.php

happywave.gif

Reaction score
Just called them and they seem quite happy that
a) I'll receive the RMA 'sometime soon'.
b) They will arrange for collection of the monitor

But didn't reassure me that the replacement was guaranteed.

It's 'being reviewed'.:wall:

Should I just chill out and be more patient??

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
AbsoluteKevster said:
Just called them and they seem quite happy that
a) I'll receive the RMA 'sometime soon'.
b) They will arrange for collection of the monitor

But didn't reassure me that the replacement was guaranteed.

It's 'being reviewed'.:wall:

Should I just chill out and be more patient??

If its scratched and has a mucky handprint on the screen it sounds like you have them over a barrel . I'd be pushing for a free upgrade to a 22" to keep me quiet .

nod.gif

Reaction score
Still no RMA #

Impossible to get through by phone now... constantly engaged!

Mind you I was advised that it could take up to 48hours which will be 6pm this evening.

Initial response = very poor.
No one from Aria has contacted me since I sent an email at 1pm on Thursday! I know they are busy.. but not too busy to process the transaction!

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
See my last post
Send them an e-mail insisting on a imediate refund . Tell them they have 30 days or action will be taken . You don't need an RMA to qualify for a refund under the Distance Selling Act .
Phone the Trading Standards and get them involved .
Do not just sit and wait .
Fight back you are in a strong position . Get them to pay up to keep quiet or take them to the cleaners .
If they want to be in bussines then they should act like a decent business .

:D

Reaction score
Okay...
I received the RMA yesterday afternoon.
Just called them up and they are sending a courier to collect the item this afternoon.
Just confirmed that I'd like a replacement.
Could turn out alright in the end..........

Abarbarian - The problem is, I want the replacement, not a refund.

Will keep you all posted! :)

Reaction score
Sorry all....should have updated you AGES ago.

I had the item collected on Monday 3rd around 1pm.
Called them up again on Tuesday 4th and said that I wanted a replacement asap and it shouldn't take them long to 'review'.
I was told I would receive a call confirming an update.
I didn't.

I did receive emails on the 6th stating the item was returned as faulty and would be replaced...then another saying the item was out for despatch.

Friday 7th - it arrived...Not damaged although still had some kind of weird marks on the screen....which did rub off okay!

Fair play to Aria for taking ownership and costs of this, but I think they could have worked a little faster and the bloke who said he was gonna phone me.....bloody well should have!

I just thank god that the Reading branch of Novatech is now open!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
Went there today.. just 6 miles away! ;)