Alternating shading of varying groups of rows

I have rows that go together throughout an Excel spreadsheet. I want to
'tie' those rows together and then apply alternate shading according to those
groupings. The desired groupings consist of 1 row to 6 rows.
The desired result is to (1) tie varying number of rows together (2) be able
to add or delete rows from those 'groups' (3) apply alternate shading to
those groups (4) move those 'groups' around where Excel will automatically
adjust the shading to still alternate.
Any ideas?

Thanks Chip. I checked this site out earlier and it is good at providing
guidance on groupings of equal numbers of rows. But I couldn't determine how
this data applied to groups of rows that do not follow any pattern. Some of
my groups will be 3 rows some 5, some 2.
Thanks for the help.

Jim Cone

The free Excel add-in "Shade Data Rows" may do what you want.
It shades by cell value or by every nth row.
Shades just the selection or across entire sheet.
Use any color in the color palette.
Has option to ignore hidden rows.

Download from (no registration required)...
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"AntDawg"
<[email protected]>