Alphanumeric Filter Criteria

G

Graham H

I have data on which the filter criteria will be Field 1 , Field 2, Field 3, and so on.
The problem is when I set the criteria for Field 1 for example it extracts all the records
for Field 1 but also Field 11, 12, 13, 14 etc, basically any Field that starts with 1 and
the situation is the same for starting with 2 or 3 etc. I know I can change the field
names to something different but this is the normal representation of these records. If
there is a workaround it will be used in a programming context for advanced filter copying
extracts to worksheets so this may have a bearing on the possible solution. I would value
any help.

Graham

P

Per Jessen

Hi Graham

Depending on which version of excel you are using you need to create a
custom list containing "Field 1, Field 2....,Field 10". Use the list to sort
by.

Hopes it helps

Best regars,
Per

G

Graham H

Thanks for the replies. I have tried all the permutations, both suggested and what I can
think of, but with no success so far. It is annoying as the autofilter will pick them up
individually , it is just the advanced filter. I will persevere but your input is much
appreciated.

Graham

G

Graham H

Dave said:
This suggestion worked fine for me.

You may want to try it again.
Thanks for coming back on that. Yes it works, I missed out an = which solved the problem
when I tried it again. Lesson learned- read the posts properly! Many thanks.

Graham

Ask a Question