Event ID: 1002
Date: 10/17/2003
Time: 8:07:01 AM
User: N/A
Computer: xxxxxxxx
Hanging application OUTLOOK.EXE, version 9.0.0.6604, hang module hungapp,
version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.

This occur on about 12 systems with either Windows 2000-SP4 or XP-SP1.
Outlook 2000 has SP3 installed.
Same problem if I un-install and re-install Outlook 2000

Outlook appears to run normally. Only crashes when exiting

Running off Exchange 2000 SP3a

Any input?
/Neil

Ryan M. Keith [MSFT]

Hi Neil,

I would try a few things right off the bat on this one. SInce multiple
systems suddenly started hanging, were there any changes made? Did you
update any programs in your company through SMS of login scripts, etc ?

First, try starting one of the clients in Safe Mode (Start -> Run ->
"outlook /safe" -> OK) and then closing the program through File -> Exit &
Logoff. Do we still crash? If not, then it is a 3rd party add-in for
Outlook. Look under (Tools -> Options -> Other Tab -> Advanced Options ->
Add-In Manager or COM Add-Ins) for any programs that are new, or have been
udpated. A standard list of Microsoft add-ins is Delegate Access, Deleted
Item Recovery, Exchange Extensions, Exchange Property Pages, Net Folders.
Try disabling Add-ins one by one to see if we can isolate the issue, and
then contact that vendor.

Second, try a new Outlook profile with a NEW NAME. The new name is
critical to ensure we ge a new section of the registry.

Third, If using a local PST file (it better be local if you have one) try
runnign the Inbox Repair Tool.
- 272227 OL2000: How to Find and Run the Inbox Repair Tool
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=272227

Fourth, try and reproduce this problem for this user, on another PC. If
they reproduce everywhere it is a problem with their mailbox. If they do
not, then hage other users login to their machien to verify the integrity
of Outlook.

Best Regards,

Ryan M. Keith, BSCSE, MCSE
Microsoft Enterprise Messaging Support
Client Server Infrastructure

From: "Neil" <[email protected]>
Subject: All Outlook clients hangs when exiting
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 08:21:52 -0400
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.exchange.clients,microsoft.public.exchange2000.clients,micr
osoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general
microsoft.public.outlook:391936 microsoft.public.outlook.general:187734
microsoft.public.exchange.clients:78943