Alienware M14x Gaming Laptop

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hot Hardware have a review of the Alienware M14x Gaming Laptop, which should give users enough power to play games on the move:

There's something about the allure of a gaming notebook. Even mainstream users, not necessarily hellbent on frame rates and decked-out designs, can relate to a powerful notebook with striking good looks. It's no wonder that products like Asus' G73 series of notebooks and Alienware's M series, have been some of the most viewed pages of our mobile computing section here at HotHardware.com. Similarly, Dell's recent announcement that they were expanding the Alienware M series line, to flesh out 14-inch and 18-inch versions, was met with a fair bit of buzz as well. The 14" model especially caught our eye, striking a nice size and weight compromise between the soon to arrive 18" behemoth and the rather svelte M11x we looked at not long ago.

Read the review here.

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
I have always thought it a bit of an oxymoron when using the terms "gaming" and "laptop" in the same sentence.

:lol:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I have always thought it a bit of an oxymoron when using the terms "gaming" and "laptop" in the same sentence.

:lol:
aye, never seen a laptop with a 26" screen, 24" would be nice, but then, what they gonna 'drive' it off. :)

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
aye, never seen a laptop with a 26" screen, 24" would be nice, but then, what they gonna 'drive' it off. :)

with a screen that large, wouldn't you just want to buy a nice micro atx machine with a monitor that big? some of those have PCIe slots in them that will run a good graphics adapter.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
For the record, I am in agreement with you gentlemen :D

The three games they chose to test the machine are, imo, all rubbish games although admittedly graphic rich games.

And unless you're playing something slow-paced I still can't see the point of gaming on a 14" screen. The idea of a notebook is portability, you can use it on a train or whatever, but gaming without a mouse is kinda like doing routine tasks without thumbs - awkward and tricky.

Admittedly a nice bit of kit but imo ultimately pointless as far as gaming's concerned.

Ask a Question