AIW9700pro + Vantec IceberQ4 VGA Card Cooler

L

LBJGH

I couldn't find too much information as to if the Vantec IceberQ4 VGA Card Cooler would fit on an ATI AIW9700pro so I figured I'd play guineepig with my own card and picked up IceberQ4 this afternoon.

I removed the stock HSF, the square shim and the TIM from the factory installation.

The new IceberQ4 fit perfectly even with the TV tuner!

Before I installed the new HSF I could only get the core up to 337MHz. Currently I'm running the core at 370mhz and waiting for the thermal paste to cure a bit to see if the core will go higher.

Nice little bump in 3dmark2001 too... $25can.... 644points.

L

LBJGH

Ya, there are lots of reviews of replacing the hsf on the NON AIW cards. My did the same thing as you... he used thermal adhesive to attach a copper 1U to his card.

I only posted this because of the TV tuner on the AIW which was what I had concerns about.
I mounted a 1U cpu heatsink+fan on my 9700p and can went from 350 to 385, so a nice jump too. It still gets quite hot under load, as does the memory.

rms

L

LBJGH

Here is a link to a thread I started at a forum I frequent...

http://www.thecomputermechanics.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19169
Ya, there are lots of reviews of replacing the hsf on the NON AIW cards. My did the same thing as you... he used thermal adhesive to attach a copper 1U to his card.

I only posted this because of the TV tuner on the AIW which was what I had concerns about.
I mounted a 1U cpu heatsink+fan on my 9700p and can went from 350 to 385, so a nice jump too. It still gets quite hot under load, as does the memory.

rms

Ask a Question