Agent Ransack is shrinking

Susan Bugher

I'm working on PL updates. Today's weirdness: Agent Ransack is shrinking.

The builds are changing - but the history still shows build 328 as the
latest - change only shows up on the DL page

http://www.mythicsoft.com/agentransack/download.aspx

v 1.7.3 (build 328) (2003-03-03) (agentran.exe) (1.5 MB)

v 1.7.3 (build ???) (agentran.exe) (887 KB) (PW2004 CD version)

v 1.7.3 (build 332) (agentran.exe) (792 KB) (on site today)

whatsupwidat?

Susan

*ProteanThread*

Susan Bugher said:
I'm working on PL updates. Today's weirdness: Agent Ransack is shrinking.

The builds are changing - but the history still shows build 328 as the
latest - change only shows up on the DL page

http://www.mythicsoft.com/agentransack/download.aspx

v 1.7.3 (build 328) (2003-03-03) (agentran.exe) (1.5 MB)

v 1.7.3 (build ???) (agentran.exe) (887 KB) (PW2004 CD version)

v 1.7.3 (build 332) (agentran.exe) (792 KB) (on site today)

whatsupwidat?

Susan

Different programming langauge or the developers platform changed (meaning
if he initially developed it on 98 and moved to 2k or XP then he'll need to
include less components in the package overall)

*ProteanThread*

Susan Bugher said:
I'm working on PL updates. Today's weirdness: Agent Ransack is shrinking.

The builds are changing - but the history still shows build 328 as the
latest - change only shows up on the DL page

http://www.mythicsoft.com/agentransack/download.aspx

v 1.7.3 (build 328) (2003-03-03) (agentran.exe) (1.5 MB)

v 1.7.3 (build ???) (agentran.exe) (887 KB) (PW2004 CD version)

v 1.7.3 (build 332) (agentran.exe) (792 KB) (on site today)

whatsupwidat?

Susan

.......um, and it could also mean that the developer(s) have become more
efficient programmer(s) :blush:)

Mythicsoft -- Do NOT use email address shown

I'm afraid that all the credit must go to recent updates in the Inno
Setup installer, specifically the introduction of new compression
technologies.

*ProteanThread*

Mythicsoft -- Do NOT use email address shown said:
I'm afraid that all the credit must go to recent updates in the Inno
Setup installer, specifically the introduction of new compression
technologies.

Susan Bugher <[email protected]> wrote in message

I was close. ;-)

Susan Bugher

I'm afraid that all the credit must go to recent updates in the Inno
Setup installer, specifically the introduction of new compression
technologies.

Thanks for the quick response. Then only the "packaging" has changed?
The program functionality is the same?

Susan

Mythicsoft -- Do NOT use email address shown

Yep, very minor functionality differences (basically better error
checking for badly behaved apps that sit on the context menu).

Susan Bugher

Yep, very minor functionality differences (basically better error
checking for badly behaved apps that sit on the context menu).

Thanks for that info - and many many thanks for a very nice freeware
program.

Susan