Advanced Conditional Formatting Ideas Needed! (ok, maybe not that advanced...)

shadestreet

Two questions:

1. Can I have a conditional format that is dependant on two differen
cells? For example in Cell A2 I want to have the cell turn bright re
if A2 is greater than zero and B2 equals zero. I want to then dra
this down for every cell in column A.

2. I cell C2 I want to turn this cell bright red if cell D2 gets th
error message "DIV/0!" to flag there is an error. Is this possible?

Thank

David Biddulph

"shadestreet" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
Two questions:

1. Can I have a conditional format that is dependant on two different
cells? For example in Cell A2 I want to have the cell turn bright red
if A2 is greater than zero and B2 equals zero. I want to then drag
this down for every cell in column A.

Formula is:
=AND($A2>0,$B2=0)
2. I cell C2 I want to turn this cell bright red if cell D2 gets the
error message "DIV/0!" to flag there is an error. Is this possible?

Formula is:
=(ERROR.TYPE(D2)=2)

oldchippy

Hi shadestreet,

Try this,

Conditional formatting for B2
formula is > =IF(A2>0,IF(B2=0,TRUE,FALSE))
select formatting required

Formula in cell C2
=IF(ISERROR(D2),"Error","")

Conditional formatting for C2