Subject: Adobe Print Reader doesn't open,,"hangs" or slow to open
From: (e-mail address removed)
Date: 7/27/2004 3:25 PM Eastern Daylight Time

I have the latest APD downloaded. however, a lot of times
when I try to open an APD document from a website, I get
a blank screen for a VERY long time, it oftens "hangs"
and I then have trouble deleting through the task manager
or occasionally have to restart. When the docs do open,
it usually takes a very long time; then it will make me a
liar and another doc opens just fine.

I have gone through tweaking my system with the help of
Dell to check startup programs, performance, etc. and
have defragged several times.

Thanks, any ideas?
I had the very same problems and went back to 5.05 which works fine. If you
can't find it anywhere I still have a copy. It's 9.5MB. If you have a valid
email and the bandwidth let me know and I'll send it to you.

Cheers,
John
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"
***Arthur C. Clarke***

Brian

I've had this too.

Two things that worked for me:

1> If you have Journal Viewer installed, get rid of it. Add/Remove
Programs.
2> The viewer may be looking for updates in the background. Sometimes there
are updates and the window pops UNDER the viewer and you cannot alt-tab to
it. When this happens, you have to close out the viewer. It won't go
anywhere until you click ok or cancel on the updates screen.
Solution to #2: Start the viewer from Start->Programs->Adobe Reader.
When it loads, click Help -> Updates and install any updates that are
available. If your product is up to the latest version (6.0.2) it should
work just fine for you.

Hope this helps

--Brian Beckers
--IT Manager