ADO.NET not in SQL Profiler?

Dave

When I use SQLDataAdapter to fill a dataset, the select
statement appears in SQL Profiler.

When I update the DataSet using SQLDataAdapter.Update,
the SQL table is updated but nothing is captured in SQL
Profiler. Why?

Kevin Yu [MSFT]

Hi Dave,

I cannot reproduce the problem you experienced. Please try to check if you
SQL Profile is properly configured. When you create a new trace in it,
please check the Events and Filters tab to see if what you want to trace is
in the list.

If anything is unclear, please feel free to reply to the post.

Kevin Yu
=======
rights."

| From: "Dave" <[email protected]>
| Sender: "Dave" <[email protected]>
| Subject: ADO.NET not in SQL Profiler?
| Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 20:16:57 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.adonet
|
| When I use SQLDataAdapter to fill a dataset, the select
| statement appears in SQL Profiler.
|
| When I update the DataSet using SQLDataAdapter.Update,
| the SQL table is updated but nothing is captured in SQL
| Profiler. Why?

Dave

You are correct. I was missing the Stored Procedure -
RPC:Starting/Completed events. Thanks!

Kevin Yu [MSFT]

Hi Dave,

I'm glad to know that you've got this problem resolved.

Kevin Yu
=======
rights."

| From: "Dave" <[email protected]>
| Sender: "Dave" <[email protected]>
| Subject: RE: ADO.NET not in SQL Profiler?
| Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 14:53:23 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.adonet
|
| You are correct. I was missing the Stored Procedure -
| RPC:Starting/Completed events. Thanks!

| >|
| >| When I use SQLDataAdapter to fill a dataset, the
| select
| >| statement appears in SQL Profiler.
| >|
| >| When I update the DataSet using SQLDataAdapter.Update,
| >| the SQL table is updated but nothing is captured in
| SQL
| >| Profiler. Why?
| >|