=1-SUM(F5:F7)
10.00%
9.75%
0.50%

If I delete the row with 10% and later
wish to add a row after the formula,
the formula does not recognize the
new row. Is there a way to do this?

Put a blank row above the start of your data (*), and include that row
in the formula. As long as you add new rows below the blank one, they'll
automatically be included in the formula.

(*) and one at the end wouldn't be a bad idea too.

Jim Cone

Name the range and use it in your formula...
= 1 - Sum(sludge)
(sludge being the name assigned to F5:F7)
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

..
..
..

"Gianni" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
This a reverse of my previous question.

I have the following;

=1-SUM(F5:F7)
10.00%
9.75%
0.50%

If I delete the row with 10% and later
wish to add a row after the formula,
the formula does not recognize the
new row. Is there a way to do this?

Gianni

Jim said:
Name the range and use it in your formula...
= 1 - Sum(sludge)
(sludge being the name assigned to F5:F7)
I tried this and after I deleted the row and
added it back the assignment changed
from F5:F7 to F6:F8 which does not include
the row I added in.

Jim Cone

You have to add the new row within the named range.
The range then expands to include the additional row.
A row added outside of the range could be needed for something unrelated.
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

..