Adding Multiple Totals in Excel

Reaction score
I have a spreadsheet that contains multiple totals. I keep track of customer payments with this excel spreadsheet. Each Customer has their own total. I would like to compute a grand total by adding each customer's total. Can this be done? If I utilize the sum function, I have to click on each cell indivdually to add them which becomes very time consuming.

Date Notes Total
5/15 Total owed $100.00
5/30 Paid Cash -$15.00
6/02 Paid Cash -$10.00
Total $75.00 *** I want to sum this total for each customer.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Reaction score
Does your total for each customer appear in the same row?

If so, and nothing else is in that row use =Sum(11:11) where 11 is the row number where your totals are.

Regards
Zoddy

Reaction score
There are fees in that row as well. Each total is in the same row, however. I have a total for each customer every 5-10 rows, so the distance between totals is usually different. I may have to learn access.

Reaction score
Further thoughts

Do not know the layout of you SS but if your totals have a unique label in the cell to the left of each total then the attached code in the SS may help. It looks for the unique labels in the data area, in this case "Total inv" and adds the amount in the cell to the right to a running total which is entered at the end of the of the function in cell A9. You may be able to modify it to suit your SS.

Good luck

Zoddy

Attachments

• totalfield.zip
    10.7 KB · Views: 72

Ask a Question