Adding CommandBars to an Inspector while using Outlook as the editor

David McNealey

I am having am problem doing this. I am only having this problem when
the email I am reading is of type rtf. When the email is of type plain
text or html, I don't have an issue. The commandbar is created with no
problem.

I am using this line of code:

Inspector.CommandBars.Add('ADXHT_003',msoBarTop,EmptyParam,True);

From doing some research, I understand that adding commandbars while
using Word as your editor is not possible in Outlook 2000. However, I
am testing on Outlook 2002 & 2003.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

David McNealey

The exact error I get it "Unspecified Error". I know, it tells you a
lot. I know that "GREAT" error message helped me. I alway get upset
when I get back such generic error messages.

Thanks for responding!

David McNealey

Reposting what I said in the previous post :

The exact error I get it "Unspecified Error". I know, it tells you a
lot. I know that "GREAT" error message helped me. I alway get upset
when I get back such generic error messages.

Thanks for responding!

In addition, let me restate my Subject. I am having this issue when I
am using Word as my default editor.

Dmitry Streblechenko

When do you call CommandBars.Add? Note that Outlook caches inspectors, and
the toolbar with the same name can already exist. Before calling
CommandBars.Add, check if it already exists using
CommandBars.Item['ADXHT_003'] (you are using Delphi, right?)

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
http://www.dimastr.com/
OutlookSpy - Outlook, CDO
and MAPI Developer Tool

David McNealey

Yes, I am using Delphi.

I have gone through and checked if the commandbar already exist before
adding it. It does not exist.

After doing some more research, supposedly, doing this is impossible.
I don't know how true this is.

If you have anymore suggestions, please let me know! Thanks for your
help.

Also, let me ask one more question, I am having issues posting a
'FlagRequest' to my mailitem. This only happens when I'm using Word as
my default email editor. This is the strange thing about this, the
actual value for the FlagRequest is set, however, it is not displayed.
If I press the FlagRequest button, I can see the value I set it to.
Once I hit the cancel or ok button, the FlagRequest becomes visible.

Any suggestions?

David McNealey said:
The exact error I get it "Unspecified Error". I know, it tells you a
lot. I know that "GREAT" error message helped me. I alway get upset
when I get back such generic error messages.

Thanks for responding!

"Dmitry Streblechenko" <[email protected]> wrote in message

Dmitry Streblechenko

Well, Word Editor is buggy to say the least...

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
http://www.dimastr.com/
OutlookSpy - Outlook, CDO
and MAPI Developer Tool

David McNealey said:
The exact error I get it "Unspecified Error". I know, it tells you a
lot. I know that "GREAT" error message helped me. I alway get upset
when I get back such generic error messages.

Thanks for responding!

"Dmitry Streblechenko" <[email protected]> wrote in message
What kind of problem exactly are you having?

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
http://www.dimastr.com/
OutlookSpy - Outlook, CDO
and MAPI Developer Tool

I am having am problem doing this. I am only having this problem when
the email I am reading is of type rtf. When the email is of type plain
text or html, I don't have an issue. The commandbar is created with no
problem.

I am using this line of code:

Inspector.CommandBars.Add('ADXHT_003',msoBarTop,EmptyParam,True);

From doing some research, I understand that adding commandbars while