Adding border buttons

1. I need to add border buttons in a more complex way that the navigation
tree allows. For example, I want to use buttons in "same level" and "home"
but I also want to include one button from a level down.
2. Also, if I divide my site into subfolders or sub webs, will the
navigation border buttons still work.

Jens Peter Karlsen[FP MVP]

1. You will need to use a custom navigation bar for that. You can still
use a normal navbar for "same level" and "home".
2. Navigation is per web so no.

Regards Jens Peter Karlsen. Microsoft MVP - Frontpage.

Thomas A. Rowe

You are limited to the options available when using the FP navigation components.

FP navigation components will work across folders, but not subwebs/sites which are independent webs
/ sites under a FP root web or nested subweb/site

WebMaster Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.
If you feel your current issue is a results of installing
a Service Pack or security update, please contact
Microsoft Product Support Services:
http://support.microsoft.com
If the problem can be shown to have been caused by a
security update, then there is usually no charge for the call.

Would it be possible, then, to use an external hyperlink to send to our other
website?
Jens Peter Karlsen said:
1. You will need to use a custom navigation bar for that. You can still
use a normal navbar for "same level" and "home".
2. Navigation is per web so no.

Regards Jens Peter Karlsen. Microsoft MVP - Frontpage.
Posted To: microsoft.public.frontpage.client
Conversation: Adding border buttons
Subject: Adding border buttons

1. I need to add border buttons in a more complex way that
the navigation tree allows. For example, I want to use
buttons in "same level" and "home"
but I also want to include one button from a level down.
2. Also, if I divide my site into subfolders or sub webs,
will the navigation border buttons still work

Ronx

Yes, add an external page or existing page (depending on FP version)
to the navigation structure.

--
Ron Symonds
Microsoft MVP (FrontPage)

Jens Peter Karlsen said:
1. You will need to use a custom navigation bar for that. You can
still
use a normal navbar for "same level" and "home".
2. Navigation is per web so no.

Regards Jens Peter Karlsen. Microsoft MVP - Frontpage.
Posted To: microsoft.public.frontpage.client
Conversation: Adding border buttons

1. I need to add border buttons in a more complex way that
the navigation tree allows. For example, I want to use
buttons in "same level" and "home"
but I also want to include one button from a level down.
2. Also, if I divide my site into subfolders or sub webs,
will the navigation border buttons still work

I had thought to add a custom link button with an external link to our other
site. Will this not work? I have Frontpage 2003. I'm not sure what the
procedure would be to add this page. I do know how to add pages and move
them around in navigation. I Just don't know the procedure for this.