Adding an event handler in a sub

Just Me

I need to create a library sub that adds event handlers to a control.
Public Shared Sub AddEvent(ByVal qq As Control, By?? ControlMouseMove As ??)

So I need to pass the address of the handler or equivalent so that I can

AddHandler qq.MouseMove, AddressOf ControlMouseMove

Anyone know how to do that?

Thanks

Craig Vick [MSFT]

You can do something like

Public Sub AddEvent(ByVal qq As Control, ByVal handler As EventHandler)
AddHandler qq.MouseMove, handler
End Sub

You would call it like this:

Dim eHandler As New EventHandler(AddressOf ControlMouseMove)
AddEvent(Button1, eHandler)

Craig VB.Net Team

Just Me

Thanks. I tried it and it works great.

Craig, I know you know something about the RichTextBox so I'd appreciate it
if you'd take a minute to read my last post under Using Regular Expressions
with a RichTextBox, Aug 11.

Should I just forget it!

No one seems to know anything about it.

Even a hint as to where I can go to get more info would be greatly
appreciated.

I've been looking for some time now.

Thanks again for the reply below.

Just Me

Thanks. I tried it and it works great.

Craig, I know you know something about the RichTextBox so I'd appreciate it
if you'd take a minute to read my last post under Using Regular Expressions
with a RichTextBox, 8/12/2004 8.54 AM

Should I just forget it!

No one seems to know anything about it.

Even a hint as to where I can go to get more info would be greatly
appreciated.

I've been looking for some time now.

Thanks again for the reply below.

Craig Vick [MSFT]

I don't know a lot about the RichTextBox, but from what I can gather in the documentation, this isn't directly supported. Here's a url, however, that may help.

http://www.knowdotnet.com/articles/regexandrichtextbox.html

Craig VB.Net Team
This reply is provided AS IS, without warranty (express or implied).

--------------------
From: " Just Me" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: Adding an event handler in a sub
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 09:19:09 -0400
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb

Craig Vick said:
You can do something like

Public Sub AddEvent(ByVal qq As Control, ByVal handler As EventHandler)
AddHandler qq.MouseMove, handler
End Sub

You would call it like this:

Dim eHandler As New EventHandler(AddressOf ControlMouseMove)
AddEvent(Button1, eHandler)

Craig VB.Net Team

Thanks & Regards
Santhosh Somayajulu
Internet Information Services Team,
Microsoft

Just Me

Thanks for the reply. I had seen that page but he works on the text property
rather that the box doing it.
I don't know what documentation you've seen but if you search for
tommatchpattern you find things like:

STDMETHODIMP FindTextEnd( BSTR bstr,
long Count,
long Flags,
long *pLength
);
Parameters
--snip--
Flags
Flags governing comparisons.
It can be zero (the default) or any combination of the following values.
tomMatchWord 2 Matches whole words.
tomMatchCase 4 Matches case.
tomMatchPattern 8 Matches regular expressions.

--snip--

Thanks again

From: " Just Me" <[email protected]>

Craig Vick [MSFT]

As far as I can see, the .Net RichTextBox doesn't expose anything like this (it would be nice if it did). The API below maybe for another RichTextBox control
(though I looked at the VB6 control, and it didn't support this either).