Adding a Worksheet and Renaming

wfgfreedom

I am trying to add a Working in a Macro and then renaming the
Worksheet, but Excel likes to name the Sheets 1,2,3,etc, and you don't
know what the sheet name will be to select to rename at the time you
run the Macro. The following is a simple code that I have so far:
mnth = Cells(1, 4)
Sheets.Add
Sheets("Sheet2").Select
Sheets("Sheet2").Name = mnth

Can anyone help me get a solution to this problem?

Frank

Corey ....

Try:
Sub NewWks()
Sheets.Add
res = InputBox("What is the New Sheet Name?")
ActiveSheet.Name = res
End Sub

Corey....

wfgfreedom

Try:
Sub NewWks()
    Sheets.Add
    res = InputBox("What is the New Sheet Name?")
    ActiveSheet.Name = res
End Sub

Thanks for your help.

Frank

Jim Cone

Frank,

Dim mnth As String
mnth = Cells(1, 4).Text
Worksheets.Add before:=Worksheets(1), Count:=1
Worksheets(1).Name = mnth
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA