Adding a query result to a form in Access 2007

Reaction score
I want to display the results from a query on a form.
My form is a basic Tasks form
I have a query that get the task original due date and revised due date from the tasks table and returns two variables. 1) the calculated due date and 2) whether it is overdue.
That was easy. Now how do I display the calculated due date and whether it is overdue in the top corner of my form? Seems easy enough but with all my reading on querys it doesn't seem to be obvious.

My form is based on the Tasks table, not based on a query. When I try to search for available fields to add to my form it doesn't have query results there. When I try and drag and drop the query on the form it tries to create a subform. I don't want a subform just a basic little note in the corner to say if it is overdue.

Thanks in advance!
Lara

Reaction score
Ok I worked it out again. I would have thought there was an easier way to add a query to a form as everything else is drag and drop.
I added a text box to my task form and then in the control source for that control I added an expression:
=DLookUp("[DerOverdue]","CalTaskDueDate","[CalTaskDueDate]![TaskID]=[ID]")

Ask a Question