Adding 2nd site

Scott Cadreau

Can I add a 2nd site without having a connection at the time? I want to add
a domain controller for an existing domain but we are still waiting on the
inet company to get us live. Can I install the DC and setup replication
after the link is hot?

Thanks,

Scott

Brian Desmond [MVP]

You can create the site, and define the link ahead of time, but you're not
actually going to be able to put the DC in the proper subnet until the link
is live.

Brian Desmond
Windows Server MVP
(e-mail address removed)12.il.us

Http://www.briandesmond.com

Kevin Bowersock

Can I add a 2nd site without having a connection at the time?
Yes you can you can set all of that up in AD sites and services before you
"go hot"

Can I install the DC and setup replication | after the link is hot?
Yes you can but beware of the time if your link is slow.
Another option would be to build the new DC on the local lan in the first
site.
After you get it up and replicated you can move it to the new site in AD
sites and services and then ship the box to the new location.
This will keep you from DCpromoing the box over the wan link.

(e-mail address removed)

This posting is provided "AS IS"
with no warranties, and confers no rights