add .jpg extension to list of variable part numbers

Is there a way to add a .jpg extension to a list of variable part numbers in
one column of an Excel spreadsheet?

Thanks Jim.

I may not have asked my question correctly; however, with a slight variation
to your answer it did work. I had a list of more than 1000 different part
numbers that needed the .jpg extension added. The old list began in column B
at B1. The new list whitch needed the extension was going into column AJ. I
went to AJ1 and enetered =B1 & ".jpg". I then copied the AJ1 formula and
filled down in column AJ. The result was a new list of the same part numbers
in column AJ with the jpg extension added.

Jim,

Can I bother you with one more question? The spreadsheet list of part
numbers contains a hyphen within the part number (example 0012-3323). The
jpg photos that the spreadhseet will search for do not have hyphens in their
corresponding part numbers. Is there a formula that can take the hyphen out
of the spreadsheet list of part numbers?

Jim Cone

From the Excel help file...
= SUBSTITUTE(text, old_text, new_text, instance_num)

This should do it...
= Substitute(AJ1,"-","")
(note that instance_num is optional)
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"CompuSoft"
<[email protected]>
wrote in message
Jim,
Can I bother you with one more question? The spreadsheet list of part
numbers contains a hyphen within the part number (example 0012-3323). The
jpg photos that the spreadhseet will search for do not have hyphens in their
corresponding part numbers. Is there a formula that can take the hyphen out
of the spreadsheet list of part numbers?

Excellent. Thanks Jim. This did the trick.

From the Excel help file...