Adapting some code

chrisrowe_cr

Hi all,

Some of you were kind enough to help me with this bit of code a littl
while ago, I now need to adapt it however. I need to add a 3rd rang
ie (o2:blush:20) and alter anything in that range to say, grey text

Sub Find_Exceptions()

Dim entry As Range, foundentry As Range, firstaddress As String
Dim rng1 As Range, Rng2 As Range

Set rng1 = Range("b4:h76")
Set Rng2 = Range("M2:M20")

For Each entry In rng1
If Not IsError(Application.Match _
(entry.Value, Rng2, 0)) Then
Set foundentry = rng1.Find(After:=rng1(1), _
What:=entry.Value, _
SearchOrder:=xlByColumns, _
SearchDirection:=xlNext, _
LookIn:=xlValues, LookAt:=xlWhole)
If Not foundentry Is Nothing Then
firstaddress = foundentry.Address
Do
With foundentry.Font
.ColorIndex = 5
.Bold = True
.Italic = True
End With
Set foundentry = rng1.FindNext(After:=foundentry)
Loop While Not foundentry Is Nothing _
And foundentry.Address <> firstaddress
End If
End If
Next entry

is this possible?
End Su

Bob Phillips

Chris,

Is this what you need?

Sub Find_Exceptions()

Dim entry As Range, foundentry As Range, firstaddress As String
Dim rng1 As Range, Rng2 As Range, Rng3 As Range

Set rng1 = Range("B4:H76")
Set Rng2 = Range("M2:M20")
Set Rng3 = Range("O2:O20")

For Each entry In rng1
If Not IsError(Application.Match _
(entry.Value, Rng2, 0)) Or _
Not IsError(Application.Match _
(entry.Value, Rng3, 0)) Then
Set foundentry = rng1.Find(After:=rng1(1), _
What:=entry.Value, _
SearchOrder:=xlByColumns, _
SearchDirection:=xlNext, _
LookIn:=xlValues, LookAt:=xlWhole)
If Not foundentry Is Nothing Then
firstaddress = foundentry.Address
Do
With foundentry.Font
.ColorIndex = 5
.Bold = True
.Italic = True
End With
Set foundentry = rng1.FindNext(After:=foundentry)
Loop While Not foundentry Is Nothing _
And foundentry.Address <> firstaddress
End If
End If
Next entry

End Sub

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"chrisrowe_cr" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

chrisrowe_cr

Bob said:
[...]

wrote in message

Uhm, I need to set the values in Range 2 as one thing and the values in
Range 3 as another. ie Range 2 values Blue Bold Italic, Range 3 values
Grey Italic...