ADAPTEC DRIVER ERROR

G

Every 2 or 3 months, my PC crashes and automatically restarts. The Microsoft Online Crash Analysis system has been telling me for 2 years now that the problem is with one of the drivers on my PC but Microsoft has been unable to identify the driver ... until now ... I think.

Last time my PC crashed, I received the following error:

"An Update Is Available
Thank you for submitting an error report. The error was likely caused by:
ASPI Adaptec Driver (ASPI32.SYS)
ASPI Adaptec Driver (ASPI32.SYS) was created by Adaptec®, Inc.. Adaptec®, Inc. has updates for ASPI Adaptec Driver (ASPI32.SYS) that may correct the problem you reported. To learn more about the updates, see the Adaptec®, Inc. Web site.
http://www.adaptec.com/
If the problem persists, please contact Adaptec®, Inc. and alert them of the problem."

I went to the Adaptec web site not really knowing what I was looking for. I searched for the driver, ASPI32.SYS and found 3 entries, where the most current was dated Nov 1999.

Should I download the Nov 1999 driver update? Can anyone tell me what this driver is used for? Thanks for your help.

Gabe

G

Hi

Go there to get it
http://www.nu2.nu/aspi
You can find the link to Adaptec.com for the version 4.71.

Pete

----- Gabe King wrote: ----

Every 2 or 3 months, my PC crashes and automatically restarts. The Microsoft Online Crash Analysis system has been telling me for 2 years now that the problem is with one of the drivers on my PC but Microsoft has been unable to identify the driver ... until now ... I think

Last time my PC crashed, I received the following error

"An Update Is Availabl
Thank you for submitting an error report. The error was likely caused by
ASPI Adaptec Driver (ASPI32.SYS)
ASPI Adaptec Driver (ASPI32.SYS) was created by Adaptec®, Inc.. Adaptec®, Inc. has updates for ASPI Adaptec Driver (ASPI32.SYS) that may correct the problem you reported. To learn more about the updates, see the Adaptec®, Inc. Web site
http://www.adaptec.com
If the problem persists, please contact Adaptec®, Inc. and alert them of the problem.

I went to the Adaptec web site not really knowing what I was looking for. I searched for the driver, ASPI32.SYS and found 3 entries, where the most current was dated Nov 1999

Should I download the Nov 1999 driver update? Can anyone tell me what this driver is used for? Thanks for your help

Gabe

G

Thanks for your help Peter.

I downloaded the ASPI driver update from the Adaptec site and unzipped it into the adaptec folder on my PC. There wasn't a wizard to guide me through the installation of the updated driver. Do I now need to install anything or are the files that were unzipped all that I need? Please let me know. Thanks again.

Gabe

Ask a Question