AD Sites and Services

david theilman

Hello:

I have a server listed here that is not a domain controller and never was,
it is simple file server.

For some reason, my two other servers that are DC's think that this server
is a DC. This is causing replication errors in the event logs. Under the two
DC's I deleted that server name under NTDS Settings, but after sometime,
this non-DC appears again.

Under AD Sites and Services, can I just right click on this server that is
not a DC and delete it safely? Will it remove it from the domain as if I
deleted it from Users and Computers?

Thanks in Advance

David

Chriss3 [MVP]

Hello David,

Under the server object in sites and services is there a child node called
NTDS Settings, if there is not, you can safely delete the server object.

--
Regards
Christoffer Andersson

Kevin Bowersock

IF for some reason all else fails you can disjoin the server from the
domain and use :
216498 How To Remove Data in Active Directory After an Unsuccessful Domain
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=216498

to remove it from the A/D

then re-join it to the domain
(e-mail address removed)

This posting is provided "AS IS"
with no warranties, and confers no rights