Active X controls

G

I have never been able to download windows updates. The message Your current security settings prevent running Active X controls on this page. As a result this page may not display correctly. I've checked web sites and found some suggestions about enabling active X controls and lowering the security level and have tried over and over and still come up with the same message. Also, I cannot order any merchandise on the web, a sign comes up this page cannot be displayed. My niece thinks I should reinstall my Windows XP Home edition but on a Web site Annoyances.org I see the same problem and he didn't have any luck reinstalling. Can anyone please help me with this problem?

G

I recently had a problem downloading Windows Updates. I don't remember, however, what error messages I was getting. Also don't think I had any problems with online ordering. Anyway, the solution for me was simply. The date on my pc was wrong. Once I corrected it I had no problem downloading the updates.

G

go to microsoft.com type in 0x800B0004 in upper right search box and Hit G

follow 6 steps to digital signature issues input each of the 9 .dll files

you should get a "ok" box for each .dll file

the .dll files all follow regsvr32 softpub

Ask a Question