Active Directory & Event Viewer - Access Denied! HELP!

G

A few weesk ago I noticed that I was getting "Access Denied' when trying to look at the event viewer on any of our WIN 2003 servers who are in Active Directory. I can't see anything in the event viewer except for the security log. So, we added a new server yesterday and the event viewer worked fine. This morning that server went from stand alone to hosting active directory and now we can't see the event viewer on that one either. We are logged in using the administrator account also...

So, basically the event viewer works fine on every computer until we run dcpromo and then we can't see it anymore. At this point we're not touching the new server we added, or adding anymore for that matter. We're kinda in a holding patten until we figure out what the problem is. This problem is happening on all 5 servers we have hosting active directory information. Any suggestions would be great!!!!

G

Happened to find a suggestion in another post that worked. Seems somehow the "Domain Admins" group was added to the "Guest" Group. Took that out and worked like a charm.

Ask a Question