Activating more print "Watermark" options

16 Dec 03 - Question Reference Powerpoint Print:
1. Print (File - Print)
2. Properties
3. "Effects" Tab
4. "Watermarks" (pull-down arrow) - only gives three (3) options, "Confidential - Draft - Sample"
5. I Need more options

PTT, Inc.

Unless this is some new feature of PowerPoint 2003, these sound like
specific printer options and thusly you need to check your printer manual.
This is not in my PowerPoint XP version!

Bill Foley
www.pttinc.com
Armando said:
16 Dec 03 - Question Reference Powerpoint Print:
1. Print (File - Print)
2. Properties
3. "Effects" Tab
4. "Watermarks" (pull-down arrow) - only gives three (3) options,
"Confidential - Draft - Sample"

Kathryn Jacobs

Couple of questions for you:
1) What version of PPT are you using?
2) Does your watermark need to be text or can you turn it into a graphic?

If you are using PPT 2002 or 2003 and you can use a graphic, you can use the
transparency features to turn the graphic into a watermark. to do this, put
the graphic on your slide master, double click it to bring up it's
formatting, and adjust the transparency to your liking.

If you want a text watermark, you can copy the text and paste special it as
a picture onto your master slide. Again, double click it, but this time use
the contrast and brightness adjustments to make it as faded as you wish,
previewing as you go. When it is the way you want it, click ok, then right
click and do an Order --> Send to back. Should do what you need.

--
Kathryn Jacobs, Microsoft PPT MVP
If this helped you, please take the time to rate the value of this post:

Armando said:
16 Dec 03 - Question Reference Powerpoint Print:
1. Print (File - Print)
2. Properties
3. "Effects" Tab
4. "Watermarks" (pull-down arrow) - only gives three (3) options,
"Confidential - Draft - Sample"

Steve Rindsberg

Once you click Properties in PowerPoint's print dialog, you've left
PowerPoint and are working with the printer driver's features.

But as Kathy says, you can create your own watermarks in PowerPoint so they
print to any printer, if you like.

--
Posted to news://msnews.microsoft.com
Steve Rindsberg, PPT MVP

Armando said:
16 Dec 03 - Question Reference Powerpoint Print:
1. Print (File - Print)
2. Properties
3. "Effects" Tab
4. "Watermarks" (pull-down arrow) - only gives three (3) options,
"Confidential - Draft - Sample"

John Langhans [MSFT]

[CRITICAL UPDATE - Anyone using Office 2003 should install the critical
update as soon as possible. From PowerPoint, choose "Help -> Check for
Updates".]

Hello Armando,

You are describing a feature of your specific printer driver (not a
PowerPoint feature).

If you (or anyone else reading this message) have a suggestion for
"watermark" options/features in PowerPoint which are not dependent upon
specific printer drivers, don't forget to send your feedback (in YOUR OWN
WORDS, please) to Microsoft at:

As with all product suggestions, it's important that you not just state
your wish but also WHY it is important to you that your product suggestion
be implemented by Microsoft. Microsoft receives thousands of product
suggestions every day and we read each one but, in any given product
development cycle, there are only sufficient resources to address the ones
that are most important to our customers so take the extra time to state
your case as clearly and completely as possible.

IMPORTANT: Each submission should be a single suggestion (not a list of
suggestions)

John Langhans
Microsoft Corporation
Supportability Program Manager
Microsoft Office PowerPoint for Windows
Microsoft Office Picture Manager for Windows

For FAQ's, highlights and top issues, visit the Microsoft PowerPoint
support center at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?pr=ppt
Search the Microsoft Knowledge Base at:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?pr=kbhowto

Use of any included script samples are subject to the terms specified at