Act 6.0 converting to Outlook 2003

G

Should I set up groups or folders to keep contacts seperate. I have been using Act for years and became accoustomed to using ID Status field and setting up custom groups to quickly see the members in these groups. Someone else imported my 500 contacts from Act into Outlook 2003. I wish I could remeber how he did it, but he only mapped the basic name, address, phone, and fax info. I have a world of info in Act by way of custom fields that I would like to bring into Outlook and say goodbye to Act! My problem is I do not know what these old ID Status fields should be in Outlook. Categories? Folders? I also had groups in Act to consider. Any advice to get me started with an efficient organizational set up
Confused.....

G

J
Looked at the site you suggested. I will need to try and get most of my info in on my own. What do you say about the Outlook field choices that I will have. I am unsure what I should use in Outlook Folders, Grouping,shortcut grouping to mirror my groups in Act. And then do I need to set your recommended fields up in Outlook before I try to import my contacts in again during the mapping process? My 2nd part question is on the Act ID Status Field. I had 8 different things in here (clients, friends, family, prospects, out of business etc.... what would field could I map this to in Outlook
Thanks in Advance

Ask a Question