ACPI problem...

kotaro

I have just finished a clean install of Win200 SP4 on a
Japanese IBM. After the install a new HW is detected for
the windows can not find the driver. Under the driver
detail window, the only info available is the location of
the driver which is named "Microsoft ACPI-comliant Embedded
Controller". It is expecting to find a .inf file for this
HW, whatever it is... Any ideas how to find the right
driver? Please advise.

Thanks and regards,
Kotaro.

Scott McArthur [MSFT]

Kotaro,

Have you went to IBM's website for your particular machine and checked for
chipset drivers? It's possible if it is a Intel motherboard that you may
find the driver at intel.com also.

Scott McArthur[MS]
Microsoft Windows Server Setup Support