account timer

proteanthread

Is there a *FREEWARE* utility that'll let me restrict an account based on
time of day / day of week and how long that account can be logged on
(i.e. 30-60 minutes at a time)?

I thought one was posted awhile back (a long while back) but haven't been
able to find it. No, it wasn't crawler parental control although I do
believe it did allow admin to disable certain desktop items such as right
click on desktop/taskbar etc.)

IMHO it was an excellent replacement for the built in Group Policy
Editor...

Susan Bugher

proteanthread said:
Is there a *FREEWARE* utility that'll let me restrict an account based on
time of day / day of week and how long that account can be logged on
(i.e. 30-60 minutes at a time)?

I thought one was posted awhile back (a long while back) but haven't been
able to find it. No, it wasn't crawler parental control although I do
believe it did allow admin to disable certain desktop items such as right
click on desktop/taskbar etc.)

IMHO it was an excellent replacement for the built in Group Policy
Editor...

It might be an app that's no longer available. I have a very dim and
fuzzy recollection that one like that went missing. . .

Some (most) of the apps of that type that have been mentioned in ACF are
listed here:
http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/acf/P_SECURITY.php#1.60ControlComputerUse

NetUnits allows you to control the amount of time children spend on the
computer. . .

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

proteanthread

It might be an app that's no longer available. I have a very dim and
fuzzy recollection that one like that went missing. . .

Some (most) of the apps of that type that have been mentioned in ACF
are listed here:
http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/acf/P_SECURITY.php#1.60ControlComputerUse

NetUnits allows you to control the amount of time children spend on
the computer. . .

The one I am thinking of worked a little like crawler parental control
in that you can setup blocks of time per day that someone can use their
account.