Accessing MAPI from a custom form

Reaction score
Hello,

Total newbie to Outlook coding here. I have a custom form that I'm using for Siebel integration with Outlook 2003 SP 2. The form is called from Siebel and has some code to connect back to Siebel. That's working fine, but when I want to actually send the mail I've discovered the problem where the email cannot be seen in the Reading Pane by users on the same Exchange Server. This is problem #1. I need our employees to be able to see these mails in their preview pane in Outlook when they receive them.

To get around problem #1, I am opening a new mail item with the standard form and copying all the properties over. The email looks great for the receiver in the preview pane, solving problem #1. However, now I get problem #2 when the code gets the To, CC, and BCC properties from my original Item, they get the resolved names. I need to get the actual email addresses - (e-mail address removed). If not, I run the risk that the new email gets sent to the wrong people! In searching for the solution, I found that I need to connect to the address book using something like:
Set oSession = CreateObject ("MAPI.Session")

However, this is bombing out with error code 429: ActiveX component can't create object.

Can anyone suggest alternatives to problem 1 or 2?

Thanks,
Keith

Ask a Question