Access to all programs for limited users

Scott

Can you tell me what I need to do as the administrator,
to allow all limited users access to some programs? I
loaded Age of Mythology for my kids, but they get an
error saying that the program can only be used by an
administrator. This also happens for the Palm pilot
software. I tried giving the limited users full access
to the program folder in "Program Files" but that didn't
work either. Thanks!

Scott -- I am having the same problem with many of the games that were installed by my three sons. I believe there may be something associated with a network setup. We only have the one PC, but I have a feeling something has been done to the PC, possibly during loading on a game or during one of the "automatic" MS updates... I'm getting kind of frustrated as are my kids. If you come up with something, would you e-mail me at (e-mail address removed). Tks -- Ed. (Columbus, OH)

Can you tell me what I need to do as the administrator,
to allow all limited users access to some programs? I
loaded Age of Mythology for my kids, but they get an
error saying that the program can only be used by an
administrator. This also happens for the Palm pilot
software. I tried giving the limited users full access
to the program folder in "Program Files" but that didn't
work either. Thanks!
.

Paul [MSFT]

Hi folks,

The following KB Article contains steps that may allow you to resolve some
or most of these issues:

307091 Certain Programs Do Not Work Correctly If You Log On Using a Limited
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=307091

=========

Windows XP Security Homepage:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/security/default.asp

Windows 2000 Security Homepage:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/security/default.asp

Top 10 Windows Newsgroups Security Questions:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/newsgroups/default.asp?url=/technet/newsgro
ups/nodepages/sectop10.asp

=========
Paul Hayes, MCSE
Product Support Services
Microsoft Corporation
(e-mail address removed)

=========

Windows XP Security Homepage:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/security/default.asp

Windows 2000 Security Homepage:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/security/default.asp

Top 10 Windows Newsgroups Security Questions:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/newsgroups/default.asp?url=/technet/newsgro
ups/nodepages/sectop10.asp

=========
Paul Hayes, MCSE
Product Support Services
Microsoft Corporation
(e-mail address removed)

jl

Scott -- I am having the same problem with many of the
games that were installed by my three sons. I believe
there may be something associated with a network setup.
We only have the one PC, but I have a feeling something
has been done to the PC, possibly during loading on a game
or during one of the "automatic" MS updates... I'm
getting kind of frustrated as are my kids. If you come up
with something, would you e-mail me at (e-mail address removed).
Tks -- Ed. (Columbus, OH)
I am also having that problem. Someone please help......+