Access Rounding Function

I am trying to round using the "round" function and the function rounds .5
down instead of up! Is there a solution to this probem?

Rick Brandt

"Round Function in Access" <Round Function in
I am trying to round using the "round" function and the function rounds ..5
down instead of up! Is there a solution to this probem?

Actually it uses Banker's Rounding which is to always round toward the
nearest even number. That way about half the .5s round up and about half
round down. This avoids an upward bias if you round a large column of
values. If you don't want that then you need to create your own rounding
function.

Douglas J. Steele

It's by design. If you pay attention, you should see that x.5 is rounded
down if x is even, and up if it's odd. That's intended to minimize round-off
errors.

If you want something else, you'll need to write your own round-off
function.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP

(no e-mails, please!)

"Round Function in Access" <Round Function in
news:[email protected]...