Access newsgroups in Outlook

N Schwartz

I would like to access the newsgroups through Outlook rather than Outlook
Express. I added the "News" link to the toolbar in Outlook 2003 using Win
XP, but when clicked, it opens to "ProgramFiles\commonfiles\system' etc. I
tried to change reference to "Program Files\outlook express" to avail.

N. Schwartz

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Outlook is a PIM and email program. It is not a news reader.
It calls OE or your default news reader to read news.

N Schwartz

I understand that. To better phrase my question. having placed the "News"
tab on the Outlook 2003 menu bar, where to I point the browse command to
utilize the OE newsreader in order to access newsgroups while in the Outlook
application? Presently, when I click the News tab, it directs to the folder
noted below.

N. Schwartz

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
N Schwartz said:
I would like to access the newsgroups through Outlook rather than Outlook
Express. I added the "News" link to the toolbar in Outlook 2003 using Win
XP, but when clicked, it opens to "ProgramFiles\commonfiles\system' etc. I
tried to change reference to "Program Files\outlook express" to avail.

N. Schwartz

Brian Tillman

N Schwartz said:
I understand that. To better phrase my question. having placed the
"News" tab on the Outlook 2003 menu bar, where to I point the browse
command to utilize the OE newsreader in order to access newsgroups
while in the Outlook application? Presently, when I click the News
tab, it directs to the folder noted below.

Open IE and click Tools>Internet Options>Programs. What's in the
"Newsgroups" field? If it's anything but "Outlook Express", make it
"Outlook Express". The next time you start OE with the News menu item and
it asks if you want to make it the default newsreader, check the "Don't ask
me this again" box and click No.