Access Access - missing OCW10.DLL

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Wondering if I can get some help with this issue.

I was running an access based program in a windows xp machine up until Thursday last week, when they decided to switch my computer to a 7 machine. So now I have a Windows 7 version of the program that I was previously running; however, I am getting an error message with a missing OCW10.DLL v1.2.

The file is in it's proper spot in the "C:\Program Files(x86)\common file\Microsoft Shared\Web Components\10\OWC10.DLL" location.

I have run the references in Access using Alt + F11 however the file is not listed as missing, nor is it listed at all in the references menu.

Any help would be appreciated as the program developer has no idea what is causing this, and our computer tech has washed his hands of this issue as well.

I am left, not able to do my work for over a week and have everyone in the office breathing down my neck awaiting these files, so any help would be appreciated. It shouldn't be left on the office staff to do a tech/programmer job (in my opinion), but apparently it is.

Thank you in advance.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Sorry, I'd be looking for a new job. :)

You may, however, find a hint here

Hopefully one of our resident Access gurus may be able to help better ... The only MS 'product' I use is Win7. :)

If all else fails, try here

welcome to the forums

Reaction score
I had come across the first link provided, but found no clues in it before posting this; however, now that it's Monday I think I will create a post over there (only had enough time before leaving to create one post and this was it).

Thank you for the links, I appreciate the attempt at helping.

And in regards to the first statement.. I am. :lol:

Ask a Question