Access Microsoft Certificate Authority Using C#

Netmonster

Hello all,

I have been banging my head for days try to figure out how to
interface with a standalone install of Microsoft Certificate Authority
on Windows 2003 using the .net framework 2.0 and can seem to find any
information on how to interface with the Microsoft Certificate
Authority to get a list of Issues Certificates using C#. I have tried
the examples that Microsoft provides on using C# and capicom.dll and
I'm able to access the local certificate store on the Microsoft
Certificate Authority machine, but is only the for the machine , user
or service.

KC

Vadym Stetsiak

Hello, Netmonster!

It appears that to open remote cert store you have to use unmanaged
CertOpenStore with
flags CERT_STORE_PROV_REGISTRY and CERT_REGISTRY_STORE_REMOTE_FLAG.

After store is open you can pass returned handle into X509Store constructor
as an IntPtr.

Here's CertOpenStore definition in C# (
http://pinvoke.net/default.aspx/crypt32.CertOpenStore )
Documentation for CertOpenStore is here (
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa376559(VS.85).aspx ).

The above info may be incorrect. I've never tested it by myself. But if I
had to access remote certificate store I'd tried the path described above.

--
With best regards, Vadym Stetsiak.
Blog: http://vadmyst.blogspot.com