Access Denied. Youmight not have permission to use this network r

Loving Life so help me get back to it

I have a home network with three computers
1. Dell Desktop running xp pro connected to linksys wireless router by cable
2. HP laptop running xp pro connected to network wirelessly
3. Asus laptop running Vista connected to network wirelessly

I have set up a home network and can see all the computers on the network.

I have a printer set up on the Dell Desktop and all computers can print to
this printer.

I can access the HP laptop from all computers.

When I try to access the Dell or the Asus Vista computer I get a message
that pops up.

\\ComputerName\ComputerDescription\FileName is not accessible. You might
not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator
of this server to find out if you have access permissions.

I think I have everything the same on both xp machines except the desktop is
running a virus protection software program called AVAST!

The work groups are the same, the folders I want to share are clicked for
sharing. I saw some advice that said I should edit the registry

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa

The advice said to say doubleclick "restrictanonyous" and change the value
data from 1 to 0. Exit. Reboot.

I checked and mine was already set at 0 (on the Desktop Dell running xp)

Any suggestions or help will be greatly appreciated.

Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

To make sure it is 3rd party software, try start the OS with clean boot.
This how to may help.

How to run Windows OS with a clean ...
With MSCONFIG, you also can configure a clean boot to disable common
startup ... To perform a clean boot, please follow these steps: 1) Run
MSCONFIG.EXE. ...
www.chicagotech.net/netforums/viewtopic.php?t=57

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE