Access Denied, Deleting File...

I recently build a new computer, installed Vista Business x64 (on a brand new
hard drive). I recently put in one of my older harddrives containing most of
my downloads and image files for all my backed up software. There is a folder
there from a download in the past (VS2003.NET Service Pack1) that was
extracted and now on vista I no longer have the ability to delete it. I tried
everything I could think of including: gaining ownership of the folder (still
says access denied), checking the permissions and everything is set on full
control for my user account and all administrators. I am still using the same
account name I had on my XP machine. No Luck. Purhaps its locked for some
unknown reason? Rebooting does not help.

Any Ideas?

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello,
Boot to the Vista DVD,
Choose the Repair option
open the CMD prompt.
While in the recovery option the file\folder should not be locked by the OS.
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

|>From: =?Utf-8?B?Sm9obiBUdWxsb3M=?= <John (e-mail address removed)>
|>Subject: Access Denied, Deleting File...
|>Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 16:25:10 -0800
|>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
|>
|>I recently build a new computer, installed Vista Business x64 (on a brand
new
|>hard drive). I recently put in one of my older harddrives containing most
of
|>my downloads and image files for all my backed up software. There is a
folder
|>there from a download in the past (VS2003.NET Service Pack1) that was
|>extracted and now on vista I no longer have the ability to delete it. I
tried
|>everything I could think of including: gaining ownership of the folder
(still
|>says access denied), checking the permissions and everything is set on
full
|>control for my user account and all administrators. I am still using the
same
|>account name I had on my XP machine. No Luck. Purhaps its locked for some
|>unknown reason? Rebooting does not help.
|>
|>Any Ideas?

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello,
Check your boot-time options.
The repair option may be built in, either at boot, or via the F8 start menu.
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]