Access: Combo box switching btw multiple back ends?

R

Ryan McClimon

Howdy. I was wondering if anyone knew a somewhat simple way to switch between back end databases using a combo box on a main startup form. I am working with Access 2002.

Each user works from their own copy of the front end on their C: Drive. There are several back end databases (tables only). All of these reside on the server and each is for a different sector of my workplace . These DBs are essentially the same format, just with different data in them.

The process of switching is simple enough to do manually: Tools-Database Utilities-Linked Table Manager-(select all) and then choose the new location DB with which you want to work. I have been trying unsuccessfully to use a Select Case statement with my combo box to have Access switch paths when a new selection is chosen from the combo box on the Startup Form.

I am somewhat new to Access, as you can probably tell, so any suggestions or help at all is appreciated. Thanks.

rsmccli

EggHeadCafe - .NET Developer Portal of Choice
http://www.eggheadcafe.com

Ask a Question