Access Bound Object Frame won't show Images on screen?

How do I get Access 2003 to show an image in the object frame instead of just
the file name?

I built a contact list database in Access 2000. Each record contains a
picture of the person listed. To do this I have an OLE object field in the
table and in the form I put a bound object frame with it as the control. The
pic's are small low res .jpg files so I am embedding them rather than
linking.

Since building it I have now upgraded to Access 2003. All the pic's I added
originaly are showing in screen. I went to add a new entry today and all it
shows in the object frame is the file name. If I double click it will launch
the PC's default app to view the .jpg but it won't show it in the object
frame anymore.

What has changed? How do I get Access 2003 to show the image in the object
frame instead of just the file name?

Stephen Lebans

Here is a previous post of mine on this issue:

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.access
From: "Stephen Lebans"
<[email protected]> - Find
messages by this author
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 20:00:27 -0300
Subject: Re: .tif Images in Access 2003
Report Abuse

The Tiff Office Graphics filters(among others) are not installed with
Access 2003. This is a change from all previous versions of Access.
The solution is to get hold of the Office XP Legacy Converter Pack (it
will work for Office 2003 as well). The problem is that you can no
longer download the XP Converter Pack due to security concerns.
http://www.microsoft.com/offic­e/ork/xp/appndx/appc00.htm
Instead you are directed to download the Office 2003 Legacy Converter
Pack but as I said it no longer contains the TIF Filters!!!!aarrgghh
The solution is to contact MS PSS and request the XP Pack.

A poster from Germany described the process to obtain the legacy
Graphics Filter pack from MS that does contain the TIFF filters.
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.access
From: "tino" <[email protected]> - Find messages by this
author
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 06:07:19 -0700
Report Abuse

Yes, of course, sorry that I did'nt yet :

1. Call the Microsoft Product Support Services
(Phone - No. for Germay : 0180 567 22 55, see Microsoft Sites)
2. Ask for the Hotfix for KB 822346
3. MS will send you a link for Download.

I did so, and there where no more questions for license keys or other,
the
KB - Number was the only necessary information.

-

--

HTH
Stephen Lebans