Access 2010 won't run vba code on form load

D

Del LaBo

I have a PC at work that is running Windows XP Pro SP3 and MS Office 2010 Pro.
This PC has a problem with any MS Access database that has vba code in the On Load event of the main form.
When the main form opens it is blank, no fields, labels nothing but a blankform. It also displays an error message, the error message is slightly different each time but it all comes down to it fails when trying to run the code in the On Load event. It's not alway the same code that fails either.

If I open a database that doesn't have vba code in the On Load event the forms open fine.

I have other PC running Windows XP Pro and either MS Office 2003, 2007, or 2010.
and none of them have a problem opening databases with vba code.

I've gone through all the Access Options to make sure that the machine having the problem matched all the setting in the other machine that don't havethe problem, including the Enable all macros setting and no help.

NOTE: This machine also had the same issue when it had MS Office 2007. Our Help Desk decided the issue was with Office 2007 so they upgraded the machine to Office 2010 and of course the problem is still there.

Any ideas of why this machine is having this issue?

Thanks in advance for your replies!

D

Del LaBo

I have a PC at work that is running Windows XP Pro SP3 and MS Office 2010Pro.
This PC has a problem with any MS Access database that has vba code in the On Load event of the main form.
When the main form opens it is blank, no fields, labels nothing but a blank form. It also displays an error message, the error message is slightly different each time but it all comes down to it fails when trying to run thecode in the On Load event. It's not alway the same code that fails either.

If I open a database that doesn't have vba code in the On Load event the forms open fine.

I have other PC running Windows XP Pro and either MS Office 2003, 2007, or 2010.
and none of them have a problem opening databases with vba code.

I've gone through all the Access Options to make sure that the machine having the problem matched all the setting in the other machine that don't have the problem, including the Enable all macros setting and no help.

NOTE: This machine also had the same issue when it had MS Office 2007. Our Help Desk decided the issue was with Office 2007 so they upgraded the machine to Office 2010 and of course the problem is still there.

Any ideas of why this machine is having this issue?

Thanks in advance for your replies!

This issue has been solved, it turned out to be a network share permissionsissue.

Ask a Question