Access Access 2007 Data Entry Form

Reaction score
Hello to everyone on my first posting ever,

I am a novice and a very green user of Microsoft Access but I have taken on the daunting task of trying to set up a database for our local high school lacrosse team. As part of that, I am designing a Data Entry Form to caapture and record the stats for a game and have set up a field with a combo box which requires the user to select the type of stat. If the stat type is a penalty, I would like the form to automatically enable three other fields that I have disabled in order to control entries to those fields. The first disabled field is a combo box with a penalty description drop down list; the second is the duration time of the penalty which is a one decimal number field and the last is a yes/no check box asking if the penalty is a releasable penalty. How do I "activiate" these fields for entry only if the type of stat selected is "PEN" for penalty?

I apolgize in advance for the length of the post, but it must be the preacher in me. Can someone help an old preacher who is too cheap to buy software already on the market which will do the trick and thinks he is smart enough to do it himself?

Ask a Question