Access Access 2003 Report

Reaction score
Hi, I have an Access 2003 report that pulls from several tables. I am trying to figure out why the report is not returning all records. Here are the table properties:

SELECT tblTenant.[General Fund %], tblTenant.BUDGET, tblTenant.TENANT, tblTenant.ADDRESS AS tblTenant_ADDRESS, tblTenant.CSZ, tblTenant.EMPLOYEES, tblTenant.ADA, tblTenant.[PROPERTY SURVEY], [Current Rent Rates].RentalRate, [Current Rent Rates].[Sq Ft Rate], tblAgent.NAME AS tblAgent_NAME, tblAgent.ADDRESS AS tblAgent_ADDRESS, tblDept.DEPTABR, tblLease.REGION, tblLease.[SQ FT], tblLease.[START DATE], tblLease.[END DATE], tblLease.[TIME OF RENEWAL], tblLease.CUSTODIAL, tblLease.UTILITIES, tblLessor.NAME AS tblLessor_NAME, tblLessor.ADDRESS AS tblLessor_ADDRESS, tblLessor.[CITY STATE ZIP] FROM (((tblLessor INNER JOIN (tblAgent INNER JOIN tblLease ON tblAgent.AGENTID=tblLease.AgentID) ON tblLessor.LESSORID=tblLease.LessorID) INNER JOIN (tblDept INNER JOIN tblTenant ON tblDept.DEPTID=tblTenant.DeptID) ON tblLease.LeaseID=tblTenant.LeaseID) INNER JOIN tblRents ON tblTenant.LeaseID=tblRents.LeaseID) INNER JOIN [Current Rent Rates] ON tblRents.RentID=[Current Rent Rates].RentID;

I have been wracking my brain trying to figure out why it is not returning more than half of the records in [Current Rent Rates], and can't seem to figure it out. Please help!!

Reaction score
Have you tried running the query itself to see if everything shows up in the query? If the query works and they aren't showing up in the report, it's probably a formatting issue. If the query has the same problem, you'll need help from someone who is better at SQL than I.

Reaction score
Have you tried running the query itself to see if everything shows up in the query? If the query works and they aren't showing up in the report, it's probably a formatting issue. If the query has the same problem, you'll need help from someone who is better at SQL than I.
Yes, the make-table query runs just fine and returns the records included in [Current Rent Rates]. I get about half of the records returned once I run the report.

Reaction score
A couple of questions come from that, and a suggestion or two. Why are you using a make-table query if you just need to pull data for a report? You can use a select query just to pull the data and base the report on that. I've never tried using a make-table query as a data source for a report, so I'm not sure if there are any caveats to that. What I would try to do is create a very simple report based off of the query, designed as just a list, with 1 field, just to see if it pulls all the records in. Another thing to check with reports to see if it could be a formatting issue is to double check paper sizes, margins, report widths to make sure nothing is running out of your view.

Reaction score
A couple of questions come from that, and a suggestion or two. Why are you using a make-table query if you just need to pull data for a report? You can use a select query just to pull the data and base the report on that. I've never tried using a make-table query as a data source for a report, so I'm not sure if there are any caveats to that. What I would try to do is create a very simple report based off of the query, designed as just a list, with 1 field, just to see if it pulls all the records in. Another thing to check with reports to see if it could be a formatting issue is to double check paper sizes, margins, report widths to make sure nothing is running out of your view.

I am using the make-table query because I am using this table in several other reports/queries and need the information in a table. I have checked all of the formatting issues, and other reports I am running pull all of the records from this table. I have checked all of my relationships, as well. I will try your suggestion of a simple report and see how that works.

Ok, I tried the simple report, and it pulls all of the records, too. So, I figure there must be something conflicting when I put all of this information together....

Last edited:

Ask a Question